Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our First Day in Europe- Chester England


We are exhausted, missing a whole nights sleep has left us feeling bushed. We arrived in Manchester and waited 2 hours to go through customs. CJ my youngest brother picked us up and we made our way to Chester. Chester is the quaint city that they live in, filled with tons of Roman empire history. I'm not going to spend to much time explaining the history on my trip, or I will miss out on more touring!! (I will come back and edit someday soon. I just want to get pictures up of our trip so the kids and family can see.)

Chester Cathedral!
The Cathedral was built in 1092- you can tell how old it was by the gargoyles. They were a thing of the time. CJ says they were to warn off the bad spirits. In churches built after the 13th century, they would use angels instead of the gargoyles.
I also have read somewhere they were to represent the spirits that were lost between Heaven and hell.


This is the City Centre in Chester where all the shopping is done. We spent a little time there. Lots of shops.
Erik and I posing in the Roman Gardens
More of the Roman Gardens
Whats left of the Roman Gardens
The back of CJ's work. Spital Vault.
A man and his house traveling the canal.
The steeple of a church. Very beautiful
Erik and I in front of Carly and Cj's house.

2 comments:

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

oh I am so excited that you are posting your trip. even more excited that you put yourself in some of the pictures. we'll check back to see what fun you are up to!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun....I am not looking forward to 2 hours in customs.