Friday, July 16, 2010

4th Day- Germany

A Journey Down the Rhine

This was one of the most exciting moments of my trip to Germany and I believe for Erik as well. It was an absolute breathtaking drive down the Rhine. I wanted to know the name of every castle we drove by. We teased Michael because he knew none of their names. We told him that he gave us a great picture book and when we were with CJ in England, he gave us a great history book. CJ has always been fascinated with facts and could rattle off everything about England to us. We were very impressed. We were also impressed with Michael's ability to know just when the next castle was coming and when to snap the picture.

The road is small and there is not a lot of places to pull off, so most of the castles we had to drive by and snap the pictures. Im not sure I give the pictures justice. There must have been 30. Every new bend had a castle upon it.

On this one you can see the old castle behind the new and refurbished castle. They turn a lot of them into hotels.
Another Hotel




These pictures of Erik and I are when we did get to stop and get out. It has been a long time since we have had our picture taken together that I let Irina take a few. Im glad I did, they will always be a memory






No comments: