Monday, July 19, 2010

8th Day in Europe- France


Today was full of excitement for us. We woke up and got on the road to chase the Tour de France. We drove about 120 km to Fransac, where we would watch the tour go by. Rebecca and I dropped Erik and Daniel off to ride part of the stage the Tour de France was riding today. We stayed back to watch the tour come by and then got in our car and raced to the finish line in Luchon to watch the riders come in. It was invigorating to watch the whole thing. Helicopters are flying over head, people are cheering and the competitors are all revved up. I loved it!! Rebecca and I (who we refer to as wheel support for "team- Danerik") are loving it. I don't think we would want to be anywhere else. We are going through some of the most beautiful country sites ever created. We got some great photos today and some great prizes as well.
"Team Danerik"

They have a parade of sponsors come through for the hour before the tour rides through. they throw candy, hats,jerseys, and all sorts of things. Rebecca and I would grab for things but they always threw it to the kid next to us. We did get a lot just not as much as the kid. Here were some of their cars.


I ended up taking over 400 pictures today, just of the racers. Erik needs to help me go through and label each of them. I do know these guys because these were really the only ones I cared about. They practically touched shoulders with me.!



Yes, there are all sorts out there!!!

A stroll through the city with dinner as well.

We are still struggling to communicate with the french. It is actually very humorous to us, but we know when we walk away they are saying "Stupid American people." I've thought about sharing some of our stories on the blog but I think it might only be funny to us and you would walk away thinking "Stupid American People" as well. Sometime remind Rebecca and I about Rueben (our smooth talking French man) The French translations we have learned to ward off smooth talking French men, our language barrier with universal hand signals and so much more. I think trying to communicate with foreigners always sets ONE up for a Good TIME. Our theme for the trip. "WE WILL NEVER SEE THESE PEOPLE AGAIN"

No comments: