Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Day!

I really have good intentions. I finally sent out Valentines Card's this week to friends who were supposed to be on our Christmas list. Last year I did not send Christmas cards because I was so sick and this year during the hustle and the bustle I thought it would be such a great idea to send out New Year's Cards. Well New Years came and left and the guilt of sending nothing is just killing me. I would hate to have anybody think that we have forgotten them or taken them off of our Christmas list. I do lay awake at night and say to myself, "They do know that we have been busy and that we still think of them often, don't they?" (It is the same guilt that I carried around for 12 some years about the wedding gifts that had no cards attached to them. Would I ever be able to know who got me the pancake griddle that I use weekly, or the beige towels? Do those individuals, I never thanked hate me and think I am selfish for never sending a thank you?)
These cards had to go out sometime this year, and Valentines just seemed to be the date, whether it was anti-climatic or not.
I finally got the kids to pose for me, during half time of the super- bowl. Erik would not have anything to do with it. Maybe some year he will. Here they are, my Motley Crew. This year I vow to do better!


3 comments:

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

Your crew is so great. I love the valentine card idea. I think you should just turn it into your thing. My cousin does an Easter card every year.

tollestrupfamily said...

How cute are your kids! I couldn't stop staring at the pictures and remembering them from babies to now. They are so beautiful/handsome!

Hill Family said...

I must have missed my Valentines Card! What? I guess I wasn't on your list! haha