Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dad's Art Show

Last night, was my dad's once every 5 year art show. We had a wonderful time. The food was great, the people, the service and of course the art. My dad started off the evening with a demonstration of a watercolor painting. He starts from a bare canvas and works a beautiful piece of art in a matter of 20 minutes. I love to watch him whip out these paintings, like it's just making a peanut butter sandwich for me. His vision is all in his head and I am fascinated with the beautiful colors, and exceptional details. He is truly amazing and talented.

The older girls were so excited they got to serve the guests. Cydne and I decided to make them aprons. I helped her cut out the aprons and then I took them home to sew and embroider them. They were very cute.

Because of limited parking, the cute husbands were the valet. They drove the guests up and down the steep hill all night. There must of been 15o people through out the night.

The food was delicious,(even though I couldn't eat anything). My mother's cater and friend Jody is unbelievable. She makes everything from scratch. She had asked my dad if he would paint a picture of one of the foods that she would be serving for display on the food table. He ended up painting a few and everybody wanted to buy them. They were really for display, but they all ended up going at the end of the evening. He will have to do more they were a huge hit.

It was fun to see everyone race to certain paintings. Lots of people wanted them off the walls of the house. My mother said sure!!! I am not sure how my dad felt, but I guess he can paint more.


1 comment:

Be a better artist said...

Wonderful article and worth reading...you sure know your artists!
Appreciate all you and your family did for us that night.

Dad